Hillcrest United Presbyterian Church exists to be a joyful, inter-generational family of Christ-centered believers, united in service, worship, and fellowship by the power and work of the Holy Spirit.
To become a beacon for Christ that helps people praise the Lord, embrace in fellowship, grow in Jesus, serve with their gifts, and witness everywhere.
Hillcrest Church traces its roots back to 1883, when a Presbyterian Sunday school began in Turtle Creek. Four years later, The Presbyterian Church of Turtle Creek was formed. The church was renamed First Presbyterian Church of Turtle Creek in 1907.
Over the years, Turtle Creek and the church thrived. In the early 1940s, a committee was formed to investigate a newer, larger facility to meet the needs of a growing congregation. It took almost twenty years, but those dreams were realized when ground was broken at a 9-acre site on James St. in Monroeville. The newly-named Hillcrest United Presbyterian Church celebrated its first service November 24, 1963.
For over fifty years, the Hillcrest Congregation has worked to be a “Beacon for Christ” in Monroeville. We offer a multitude of programs and ministry opportunities, giving everyone to respond to, and live out the grace of Christ. We remain committed to proclaiming the Good News to everyone.